Sibiu's historical and architectural heritage

 

Centumvirilor Street

Important objectives of this street:
foto
harta
Centumvirilor Street

Old names:

1484 Off dem Hwesruck
1626 Auf dem Hannersrucken
1675 Auf dem Johannesrucken
1751 Oberes Johannes Reg
1845 Hundsrucken
1870 Ober dem Johannisreg
1934 Centumvirilor

Centumvirilor Street

No. 1, Centumvirilor Street

17th century-18th century
The building has two bodies, the main body having a semi-basement, a ground floor and an attic. It displays five windows at the ground floor, an access gate in the corridor and a balancing stair. The gabled roof has a crest parallel to the street.
It also displays five tall skylights, covered with a three-ridged roof.

Centumvirilor Street

No. 10, Centumvirilor Street

the end of the 18th century – the beginning of the 19th century
The house is formed of a basement and a ground floor, its façade displaying four windows with slat shutters and Baroque elements. The two-ridged roof has eye-shaped skylights looking onto the courtyard.

Centumvirilor Street

No. 14, Centumvirilor Street

the end of the 18th century – the beginning of the 19th century
A massive building formed of a basement, a ground floor and two stories, with a façade composed of seven lines, with a gangway to the right. The two-ridged roof, with a crest parallel to the street, presents flat skylights.

The composer Timotei Popovici lived here at the beggining of the 20-th Century.

add a comment