Sibiu's historical and architectural heritage

 

Ocnei Street

Important objectives of this street:
foto
harta
Ocnei Street

Old names:

1598 Unterhalb der Lugen Pruk
1751 Unter der Lugenbrucke (din piaţa Mică până la Piaţa Dragoner) Burgergasse (până la capăt)
1875 Burgergasse
1947 Karl Marx
1990 Ocnei

Strada Ocnei, was connecting the Poarta Ocnei (currently the Independenta factory) and  Piata Mica, it was a major through are even since the middle ages
2  houses on the east side ( a fragment), 4  houses on the west side keep certain medieval elements from the 15th – 17th centuries
In 1747 a pipe fountain is placed at  Dragoner.

Ocnei Street

No. 13, Ocnei Street

17th-18th century
The main wing made up of ground floor and floor, has 4 axes on each level, with the arch corridor situated far right. The ridged roof has two eye skylights.

At the beginning of the 20th century here was the Butcher’s Association showroom and in the 20th century it was Alco’s underwear factory office

Ocnei Street

No. 19, Ocnei Street

17th-18th century
Ground floor and floor building, with the short side to the street, with 3 axes on each level. The facade is completed by a protected arch gateway. The three ridged roof, has the ridge perpendicular on the facade and a skylight.

Ocnei Street

No. 27, Ocnei Street

18th century
One level floor building, with the long side facing the street, has the gate in the central axis, and on the sides two axes with slats shutters. High ridged roof, with the ridge parallel to the facade , displays two eye skylights.

Here worked a bakery since the middle of the 19th century and until the nationalization.

Ocnei Street

No. 28, Ocnei Street

18th century; 1810-1830
Basement and ground floor house, with the long side facing the street. Six axes facade, windows with adjustable slats shutters, plaster framing. Profiled eaves, ridged roof, the ridge parallel to the facade, two eye skylights

add a comment