Sibiu's historical and architectural heritage

 

Al. Papiu Ilarian Street

Important objectives of this street:
foto
harta
Al. Papiu Ilarian Street

Old names:
1670 Wintergasse
1875 Honterusgasse
1947 N Balcescu
1870 Al Papiu Ilarian

Str. Al. Papiu Ilarian

No. 4, Al. Papiu Ilarian Street

18th century
A one story high building resulting from the unification of two houses. It has a two-ridged roof, parallel to the street, displaying two eye-shaped skylights. Access is made through a door protected by shutters.


At the first floor, under each of the eight windows of the façade of the building there are rectangular panels adorned with embossed vegetal spindles, and between the two floors it presents a frieze decorated with embossed vine leave spindles;

In the period between the two World Wars, the building was purchased by businessman Ilie Floasiu

Str. Al. Papiu Ilarian

No. 6, Al. Papiu Ilarian Street

1800-1825
A one story high building with a façade structured on five lines, with a two-ridged roof having a crest parallel to the street and displaying three eye-shaped skylights.

The façade preserves its original aspect; between levels, the façade presents an embossed meander frieze, and above the traditional windows at the first floor there are rectangular panels with floral  motifs from the classic repertoire

Among the house’s owners we must mention Peter Drotleff who purchased it in 1905 and sold it to Ilie Floasiu in the period between the two World Wars.

Str. Al. Papiu Ilarian

No. 16, Al. Papiu Ilarian Street

1903
The building is formed of a basement, a ground floor and two floors, its facades looking onto Papiu Ilarian and Cetatii Street. The façade looking onto Cetatii Street is richly decorated and at the first floor it presents a canopy balcony and a Neo-gothic triangular pediment. The building has a complex roof, with eclectic skylights.

- The façade looking onto Cetatii Street has a canopy balcony and a Neo-gothic triangular pediment
- A metallic wind blade on the ridge

The house was built by attorneys Wilhelm and Arnold Bruckner.

add a comment