Sibiu's historical and architectural heritage

 

Târgul Vinului Street

Important objectives of this street:
foto
harta
Strada Târgul Vinului

Old names:
1872 Weinanger

On the place of the present day Târgul Vinului street (Wine Market) there was until the XVIth century the cattle market. In the XVIIth century the wine market was moved in front of Heltauer Tor (Cisnădie Gate, nowadays Piaţa Unirii).

Strada Târgul Vinului

Târgul Vinului 2

Beginning of XXth century.
Building with basement, ground floor and first floor, with the long façade to the street and the rectangular portal on the ritght side. The façade has five window axes and a central triangular gable. The saddle roof has the ridge parallel to the street with two eyebrow dormers.
The building housed the butcher shop of L. Szöts & Balasz, opened in November 1930. A decade later we find here the workshop and shop of sanitary instalations owned by Simion Minth.

add a comment