Sibiu's historical and architectural heritage


Cojocarilor Street

Old names:

1845 Hintergasse
1875 Kempelgasse
1936 str Kempel
1947 Gutenberg
1970 Cojocarilor

Cojocarilor Street
Main objectives from Cojocarilor Street
Cojocarilor Street

No. 2, Cojocarilor Street

From the end of the 19th century
A neoclassicist rectangular building (ground and upper floors) on the corner of ’’Masarilor” Street with two axes towards it and four axes towards ’’Cojocarilor” Street. The ridged roof with the comb parallel to the longer side has eye skylights.

Professor Petru Span lived here at the end of the 19th century.

Cojocarilor Street

No. 10, Cojocarilor Street

18th century
A building formed by two aisles towards the street linked through a gate protected by a creel bow.
The right side aisle has a trapezoidal gable highlighted through moldings and a  ridged roof with a right- angled comb on the facade and a traditional creel towards the yard.

Special elements:
A gate abundent in ornaments with geometrical frames and baroque flowers (the end of the 19th century)

Cojocarilor Street

No. 14, Cojocarilor Street

18th century
A rural style building with the shorter side towards the street; it has two windows with striped shuttles above which there is a tiled cornice. The trapezoidal gable is completed by the creel bow with a rectangular framed fold ( the end of the 19th century).

Cojocarilor Street

No. 23, Cojocarilor Street

The end of the 18th century – the beginning of the 19th century
A ground and upper floors building with the longer side towards the street and the shorter one towards ’’Armelor” Square with the facades changed during the time and many-sided bow-window. The two ridged roof of both aisles has eye skylights.

add a comment