Sibiu's historical and architectural heritage

 

Constituţiei Street

Old names:

1371 Salzgasse
1934 str Sării
1947 Constituţiei

foto
harta
Constituţiei Street
Main objectives from Constituţiei Street
Constituţiei Street

Constituţiei 2

1908
Building with basement, ground and two floors, erected in the place of the old St. Elisabeth Church, demolished in 1868. The construction started in 1906 and the building was inaugurated on 25th October 1908. At that time it housed the Evangelical Girl School. After 1948 it became a public school and presently it houses the Children’s Palace. The Eclectic style building designed by architect Heinrich Baumann was inspired by the main building of the Evangelical Theological Seminary on Victoriei Boulevard.

Constituţiei Street

Constituţiei 5

Last quarter of the XIXth century.
Building with basement, ground and first floor. The façade to the street is composed of five window axes. At the ground floor the entrance in the courtyard through an arch with double gate richly ornamented, specific to the XIXth century. The windows at the first floor are more spectacular: they are enframed with moulded pilasters and capitels and topped by triangular pediments. The saddle roof has the ridge parallel to the street and two eyebrow dormer windows on that slope.
Owner in 1933 Dr. Dumitru Chiseliţă.

Constituţiei Street

Constituţiei no number

Beautiful building of the Romanian interwar style Brâncovenesc-revival, with richly ornamented arches and balconies. Designed in the end of the twenties -  beginning of the thirties by the architect Alfred Hugo Cernea for Dr. Bolintineanu Sanatorium.
In 1936 the Maternity Dr. Antal was opened here. After the Second World War the building housed the Sanitary Inspection and then a kindergarten untill the mid nineties.

Comments

mb @ 27/05/2013, 11:02
Asa este, s-a modificat textul in Palatul Copiilor. Multumesc
Violeta @ 26/05/2013, 11:35
referitor la textul descriind cladirea de pe Constitutiei, nr.2
In prezent adaposteste Palatul Copiilor Sibiu, unitate de invatamant nonformal.
Casa copiilor inseamna cu totul altceva.
mb @ 21/05/2013, 13:50
Nu, cladirea de pe colt cu 9 mai, care astazi apartine de str. 9 mai, la vremea respectiva apartinea de Salzgasse, era nr. 1, de aici decalajul.
Bubby Johann @ 21/05/2013, 12:36
Deci daca este asa atuncea inseamna ca in locul casei de la nr.3 au fost doua case mai mici.Modificarile s-au facut dupa 1917,dupa decesul d-nei Charlotte M.
mb @ 20/05/2013, 9:34
Actualul nr. 5 a fost Salzgasse 7, fam. Mockesh a locuit in stanga acestei case, din pacate cladirea a fost modificata in ultimii ani si nu mai prezinta elemente valoroase

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 > 

add a comment