The Church in the Pit/ "Din groapa" Church
Str. Justiţiei 5
It is an orthodox church built between 1788 and 1789 by widow Stana Hagi Petru Luca and rebuilt between 1802 and 1803 by his son-in-law, after the church had been destroyed in the earthquake of 1802.
It is a small hall-like church, its interior showing an unusual combination of Transylvanian sacred architecture and Byzantine painting.
The graves of the founders of the church and those of a series of renowned personalities of the Romanian spirituality from the 19th century are to be found in the cemetery situated nearby the church: Vasile Moga, bishop Miron Romanul, Ion Metianu, Zaharia Boiu, Ioan Piuariu Molnar and many others.
- HISTORIC CHURCHES
- The Orthodox Cathedral
- The Roman-Catholic Church: Introduction
- ”Saint Mary” Evangelical Parish Church
- The Holy Cross Chapel
- The Asylum Church
- Reformed Church
- "St. John" Church
- "St. Elizabeth" Church
- "St. Luke" Church
- "Dintre Brazi" Church
- The Church in the Pit/ "Din groapa" Church
- The Franciscan Church
- The Ursuline Church