Monument of Georg Daniel Teutsch
Between the Evangelic Church and the Brukenthal High School reigns the statue of Bishop Georg Daniel Teutsch, accomplished in 1899 by sculptor Adolf von Donndorf in Stuttgart.
The 3.5 meters high statue made in bronze is placed on a pedestal of the same height made in granite.
On the pedestal, one can find the bronze effigy medallions of four of Teutsch’s collaborators: Bishop Paul Binder, district administrator Konrad Schmidt, counselor J.C. Schuller and Secretary Franz Gäbbel.
Georg Daniel Teutsch (1817-1893) was a famous historian, Bishop of Transylvania and a political man. He was an honored member of ASTRA.