No. 12-14, Şelarilor Street
A former Franciscan Monastery, today the building is a Roman-Catholic Church and also includes living quarters.
The building sheltering the former monastery is right next to the church. It is a square plan construction, with a closed precinct. The access in the courtyard and inside the building is made through the door situated at the ground level of the tower (displaying Baroque woodwork and ironware characteristic for that time). Access to the first floor of the house at no. 12 is also made from this building.
Access in the east wing of the monastery is made through the edifice at no. 2, on Bărbierilor Street. At the inside, a perimeter corridor crosses the building, thus allowing access into the rooms.
The rooms are cross arched or cross arched with penetrations. The courtyard presents a façade with ample arcades on both levels.
The tall and abrupt roof forms a triangular pinion towards the building at no. 12, thus indicating its belonging to the gothic style.
During the revolution in 1848, the monastery was transformed in a prison.