The construction started in 1881 and it was made by the Baumann & Koniger Company.
The settlement includes: the orphanage, the crèche for students, the Josephine evangelical school and the neogothical church. In 1910 due to the damaging of the buildings, the church and the neighbouring building are closed and afterwards demolished. .
It was rebuilt by J. Bedeus von Scharberg in 1912 in the current shape.
On February 5th 1946 it was opened the new child care center. During the communistic period, here worked the Students’ Culture House. In 2000 the orphanage’s building was returned to the Evangelical Church.