The building is formed of a basement, a ground floor, three floors and an attic. It is situated at the crossroad between N. Balcescu Street and Unirii Square. The building represents the clearest example of Art Deco which can be seen in Sibiu. The main access is flanked by two bas reliefs created in the fashion of the ‘30s. The facades of the building are decorated with bas reliefs displaying symbolic elements.
The building was erected by the Prima Ardeleana Insurance Company, on the location of three older buildings. It was inaugurated on September 1st, 1939. The company had its offices at the first floor.
After the nationalization, it hosted the offices of the County Representation of Sibiu of “Sovromasigurare”, a Soviet-Romanian Insurance Company.