The main body is formed of a basement, a ground floor and the first floor, its façade being structured on seven lines. The semi-circular arched passageway of the cross-arched pedestrian access way is situated at the center. The ridged roof has a crest parallel to the façade, displaying three eye-shaped skylights.
The Hermannstädter Sparkassa was founded here in 1841, Michael Herbert being the first manager and the owner of the building.
Julius Oberth, a surgeon and father of scientist Stefan Oberth lived in this edifice. Stefan Oberth lived here until 1896.