the beginning of the 20th century
The building is formed of a basement, a ground floor and is two floors high, being situated at the crossroad with Mitropoliei Street, with the longer wing looking onto Tribunei Street. It presents a façade with elements characteristic to the Art 1900. An octagonal plan bow window is found on the corner, on the 1st and 2nd floor. Both wings are covered with ridged roofs displaying eye-shaped skylights.
Franz Joseph Müller had a laboratory in the old building existing here. It is in this edifice where, in 1783, he discovered the chemical element named tellurium.