1. home
  2. Historical Center
  3. Str. N. Balcescu
  4. No. 10, Nicolae Balcescu Street

No. 10, Nicolae Balcescu Street


18th century


A basement, ground floor and floor building, which displays on the right the entrance corridor door, with oval light openers. The windows’ frames are decorated with discs. The ridged attic roof, with the parallel ridge to the front displays two eye skylights.


In 1904 Hagel & Jikeli, the company which owned “Trei Stejari” Brewery buy the house, and on the ground floor the brewery restaurant is opened, which is leased to Ballmann Heinrich.
After the war the restaurant is bought by Victor Bugl who opens a summer garden behind the courtyard, on the area facing Xenopol Street.