1. home
  2. Historical Center
  3. Str. Avram Iancu
  4. No. 5, Avram Iancu Street

No. 5, Avram Iancu Street


15th century, 18th century


Basement, ground floor , upper floor and attic, exhibits  nine windows upstairs and six axes on the remodeled ground floor. The access to the courtyard is made through a semicircular porch. Ridged roof, with the ridge parallel to the facade, with three-ridged skylights in the attic, exhibits to the courtyard eye skylights and Baroque chimneys.
The back of the courtyard is enclosed by a fragment of the 2nd precinct wall, ruined by the outbuildings. 

Special elements:

 Baroque, two terminals stone portals
 The flowing with wooden railings, supported by wooden consoles (18th century)


The house was owned by the Orthodox Church since the 19th century. The first store opened here was Johann Weiner’s store, in the second half of the 19th century. In the first decade of the 20th century here is opened a liquor warehouse, which was converted into a restaurant in the interwar period.
Centrally (on the left side of the corridor) the ‘Oastea Domnului’ Publishing House and Bookshop is opened in 1922 which will work here until 1935.on the space left, the “Avram Iancu” confectionery will be opened.